M&K Junction Railroad

M&K Junction Railroad
Another train of eastbound coal crosses the Cheat River

Friday, April 29, 2011

S-Curves II

The occasion of Jim Lincoln's visit to my layout made me clear away all of the construction detritus and make the layout presentable. Also, I finally finished the decoder installation into Q4b 4470 after the third attempt (the connectors that I used between the loco and tender on the first two attempts were too large); video on that installation to come.

While waiting for Jim and with the layout clean and the 4470 up and running, I decided to make this short video. Nothing spectacular, this is an update of the "S Curves" video which was one of my first posts on Nov. 9, 2009.

Try clicking the full screen icon on the play bar for full-screen playback (press "ESC" to exit full screen). Click the HD icon to get the playback in HD only if your computer has the horsepower for it (dual core processor, etc.)



During editing this video it occurred to me that if I had painted the walls of the basement green, they would have acted as a 'green screen' and I would have been able to overlay any picture that I wanted onto the background. Maybe that's an idea for an experiment with a green mat that could be held behind the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment